During this trying time, we come to realize how important it is to keep our hands clean and disinfected. Viruses, bacteria and other microbes get onto our hands and items we touch during daily activities and make us sick. Therefore cleaning one’s hands in a timely fashion is very important to avoid falling sick. More often than not we do not have access to a sink and soap, which makes it imperative to have at least a 60% (minimum recommendation by CDC) alcohol based Hand Sanitizer on hand at all times.
Alcohol based Hand Sanitizer helps to deter the spread of germs and illness-causing bacteria, particularly in busy environments like schools, offices, while travelling and sorts of situations where our hands are exposed to the external environment.
Where to use Alcohol-based Hand Sanitizer:
- Before and after visiting a friend or loved one in a hospital or nursing home.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based Hand Sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, and wash with soap and water as soon as you can.
- Use the Hand Sanitizer spray after touching any surface that may have been exposed to other people
- Spray the Hand Sanitizer on grocery bags and school bags
Benefits of hand sanitizer:
- require less time than hand washing
- act quickly to kill microorganisms on hands
- are more accessible than sinks
- reduce bacterial counts on hands
- do not promote antimicrobial resistance
- are less irritating to skin than soap and water
- some can even improve condition of skin
How to Use:
- According to CDC guidelines use a Hand Sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Educate children about hand sanitizers and to help prevent swallowing, especially in schools and childcare facilities.
- Hand Sanitizer are not going to be affective If hands are greasy and dirty (oil, grease, dirt etc..)
- When using hand sanitizer, apply enough to coat every part of your hands and rub the product all over the surfaces of your hands until your hands are dry. This should take 20 seconds or more and will ensure the sanitizer spread all over the hands.
- Let the Hand Sanitizer dry and do not wipe it off as it won’t be effective.